- Clean driving record
- Valid Class A CDL
- At least 1 year of recent truck driving experience
- Have at least 6 months of flatbed or hot shot experience
- Ability to pass pre-employment DOT drug screen.
- Valid Medical Card
- Must possess a professional attitude.
- Being on time and good attendance is a Must.
- Hazmat endorsement is a plus
- Haul various aggregates and materials to/from jobsites and various Asphalt and concrete facilities throughout East Texas.
- Properly complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Complete DVIR on a daily basis.
- Operate vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
- Maintain logs according to State and Federal regulations.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Able to read, speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand and follow specific directions from supervision.
- Dependability, reliability, fulfilling responsibilities, working independently and as a team.
- Cooperation, maintaining friendly and responsible relationships with co-workers.
- Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty striving for excellence in all activities.
- Conduct and behavior exemplifying company standards.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Shift and hours of work are scheduled each week based on workload demands.
This position will have no supervisor responsibility.
Overnight travel may be required from time to time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Must have the ability to quickly respond appropriately to unexpected events. Good hand-eye coordination help heavy equipment mechanics be successful. This position may require long periods of standing and being subjected to adverse weather conditions. Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as but not all inclusive Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, and Hard Hats.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; uneven rough and slippery surfaces and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Medical/Dental Coverage
- Safety Incentive Bonus
- Paid Time Off