<< Back to Main Site
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Diagnose and repair truck and trailer maintenance problems as necessary.
· Perform preventative maintenance inspections on all equipment, including but not limited to, inspections of all tractors and trailers.
· Complete DOT inspections in accordance to the FMCSA and company policy.
· Ensure that all parts and labor are accurately charged to the proper work order in a timely manner.
· Review and complete repairs as identified on DVIRs’ and work orders.
· Install heavy components (starters, clutches, brake drums, etc.) of CMVs’ using hydraulics jacks or hoist.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment in accordance to OSHA standards.
Required Skills and Experience
· At least 2 years of practical experience as a diesel technician on heavy duty trucks
· Candidate must have high school/GED with equivalent work experience
· Must be able to read and comprehend instruction manuals and diagnostic charts
· Diagnostic Experience (Preferred)
· Must have own tools and tool box
· Current Class A CDL with clean driving record (Preferred)
· Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screen
· Must be willing to work any shift as required
· Mush have Air-Brake certification or have within 60 days of employment
· Must be able to communicate and work well a diverse group of team members
· Must be able to multi-task, be very organized, and able to work with minimal supervision
· Must have good written and verbal communication skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are normally Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position has no supervisor responsibility.
Travel may be required from time to time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Must have the ability to quickly respond appropriately to unexpected events. Good hand-eye coordination help heavy equipment mechanics be successful. This position may require long periods of standing and being subjected to adverse weather conditions. Some equipment can be extremely heavy and will require a lot of strength to move or manipulate. Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as but not all inclusive Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, and Hard Hats.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Paid Time Off
395 PR 3501
Big Sandy, TX 75755
Connect With Us
MAC Transportation, LLC - All Rights Reserved
Powering Online Success