Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Light mechanical work
- Properly inspect equipment on a daily basis.
- Pre and post trip inspections in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Properly complete paper work and logs.
- Compliance with DOT regulations.
- May drive Dump Truck on job.
- May move equipment around on job.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal proficiency level.
- Follow all safety policies and PPE use.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year CDL experience.
- CDL Class A required.
- Tanker and/or Hazmat endorsements preferred.
DOT Hiring Requirements
- Must be able to pass a DOT drug/alcohol test.
- Cannot have refused to submit to a DOT drug/alcohol test in the last 10 years
- If failed a drug/alcohol test in the last 10 years must have completed a substance abuse program and provide proof.
- Cannot have received a DUI/DWI or any drug or alcohol related offense in a commercial or personal vehicle in the last 7 years.
- Must be able to work under extreme or demanding driving conditions at times.
- Ability to understand and follow specific directions from supervision.
- Must have a strong commitment to jobsite safety
- Diligent in demonstrating safe work practices.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Shift and hours of work are scheduled each week based on work load demands.
Overnight travel may be required from time to time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee up to and over 2/3 of time at work. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to quickly respond appropriately to unexpected events.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Safety Incentive Bonus
Paid Time Off
Equal Opportunity Employer